University of Asia Pacific Journal of Law and Policy (ISSN 2518-024X) (UAPJLP)
The UAP Journal of Law and Policy accepts English language submissions to be considered for publication. Submissions are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. The Journal is a generalist publication that welcomes submissions in all areas of law and Policy. The UAP Journal of Law and Policy encourages scholars and practitioners to submit manuscripts of different categories. The most common categories of submissions are Article, Book Review and Case Comments.
The submissions are subject to a rigorous review process, which includes peer review prior to acceptance. Submissions must respect the conditions outlined on this page to be considered.
1. AUTHOR GUIDELINES: ARTICLE
v The manuscript submitted must be original and must not have been published or submitted for publication in another journal.
v The maximum number of authors for one article is four authors.
v The manuscript must be submitted directly to the Editor-in-Chief at email@example.com
v Formatting: Authors must pay attention and adhere to the format requirement as stated below in preparing their manuscripts.
v Citations must follow the “footnotes system” in accordance with the latest edition of the Chicago Manual Style.
v Manuscript acceptance: Manuscripts will be subjected to double-blinded peer review by at least two independent reviewers who are experts in their field.
v Submission of revised manuscripts after the review process: The authors are strongly advised to carefully revise the manuscripts in accordance with the comments made by the reviewers. The authors are also required to provide a point-by-point reply for each of the comments made by the reviewers.
The title must be concise, informative, effective, reflective of the content, and use proper academic language.
vThe name(s) of the author(s)
vThe affiliation(s) of the author(s), i.e. institution, (department), city, (state), country
vA clear indication and an active e-mail address of the corresponding author
vIf available, the 16-digit ORCID of the author(s)
The abstract must not exceed 200 words, indented, single spacing and in 11-point font. The abstract should be structured and have the following elements: the purpose, methodology, the results, and a conclusion emphasizing new and significant contribution of the study.
The author needs to provide 3-5 keywords.
Formatting of the manuscript
· The length of the manuscript: must be between 7000 and 10000 words excluding the title page and abstract.
· The manuscript must be in 12-point font, Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing. Any quoted piece that exceeds 25 words should be clearly separated from the main text, indented, single spacing and in 11-point font.
· The footnotes must be in 10 point font with 1.5 spacing.
Citation and references
UAPJLP uses the ‘footnotes system’ in accordance with the Chicago Manual of style (latest edition).
2. AUTHOR GUIDELINES: BOOK REVIEW
1. The book review should be between 1500 to 3000 words, including references (which must adhere to the latest Chicago Manual Style, following the same rules as the normal articles).
2. The reviewed book must have a significant contribution towards the field and relevant towards the current academic discourse, which the reviewer will have to justify.
3. The reviewer must provide complete information regarding the reviewed book: (a) full title of book, (b) full name of author, (c) year of publication, (d) publisher name, (e) amount of page numbers, (f) ISBN number.
4. The book review should not be a mere summary of the book, and not necessarily needs a chapter per chapter review. Rather, the book review should be a critical analysis towards the main premise(s) brought in the book and what it contributes to the field.
3. AUTHOR GUIDELINES: CASE COMMENTS
Case comments should not exceed 3,000 words including footnotes. Case comments must be accompanied by an abstract and a table of contents at the time of submission in order to be considered. The author must identify their institutional affiliations.
Manuscripts which do not adhere to the above formatting guidelines and footnoting system will be returned to the corresponding author without being sent for review.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.